PmWiki Plugin: 1.1.1.39906 for Tonido Plug and Linux

Support for your TonidoPlug
facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

PmWiki Plugin: 1.1.1.39906 for Tonido Plug and Linux

Postby facelessuser » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 pm

This is the Tonido PmWiki plugin for the Plug and Linux.

I have put a lot of work in to bringing this to you for the Tonido Plug. If you like it and would like to donate please use the link below. :D

Updating:
  • I suggest you backup your wiki.d folder at least (this contains your wiki pages), but backing up all of your content is better.
  • Delete pmwiki folder in your plugin directory
  • Unpack zip in plugin folder
  • Start wiki and follow update prompt.

Install instructions:
1. Install Tonido PmWiki plugin (use latest)
  • Download Tonido PmWiki Plugin
  • Upload zip file to /root/app/tonido/plugins and unzip.
  • Restart plug.
  • Enable PmWiki plugin.
  • Select plugin from apps.
  • Press "Accept" at install screen.
  • Access wiki with user:admin password:mysecret
  • Follow link on Home Page to AuthUser page to change default user and password. Also add other users and groups if desired.(read instructions on page)
  • Follow link on Home Page or SideBar to Wiki Config and personalize your wiki's name etc. Also, manage default passwords for reading writing etc.
  • Enjoy

Know Issues:
  • None

Changelog
  • RC1 :
    • Fixed know issues and bugs in beta
    • Polished up code, the way some things are done, and wiki documents
    • Tonido Group wiki pages will now auto-update when upgrading
    • Added ability to add an encrypted master pass to the config file via Config Manager
  • RC2 :
    • Store user config info in user profile
    • Allow installing anywhere
    • move session settings out of config.php to index.php
  • 1.0.1 :
    • Synced with official PmWiki 2.2.24
    • minor changes to config manager plugin
  • 1.0.2.20533 :
    • Only load install code when needed
    • New install wrapper UI
    • New advanced config manager (the same editor from Tonido Shell)
    • Now refresh page automatically when a change is made to config
    • Update wiki to latest PmWiki release
    • Now can be run on Tonido Linux
    • Update to PmWiki 2.2.36
    • Update modconf modal code to latest

FAQ:

Screenshot:
Home Page
RC1_Home.jpg
RC1 Default Home Page
RC1_Home.jpg (18.55 KiB) Viewed 10152 times

Integrated Config Manager
RC1_Config.jpg
RC1 Integrated Config Manager Page
RC1_Config.jpg (25.44 KiB) Viewed 10152 times
Last edited by facelessuser on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 34 times in total.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 1 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:32 am

Okay, I just posted beta 2. I was bound to have some bugs, but I took care of them. I went ahead and wrote a script to package it up so I don't do something dumb like forget the uploads folder again. :oops:

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 3 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:54 am

Forgot to update references in plugin for old plugs using 'usb0' convention for external drives. Beta 3 fixes this and is now posted.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 3 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:38 am

Alright. I added the last major thing I needed in the wiki plugin. Now, when a new version of the plugin is released, I can update the config file without stomping on a user's settings. Before, I just wasn't touching the config file at all during or after an update.

Now, if I add support for a new setting in a new release, I will see if the setting is found already in the config file, if it isn't there, I will show a button in the Config Manager that allows you to update the config file with the new settings. This will only add the new settings and will retain your old settings and custom edits.

This will go into Beta 4 which I will release more than likely tomorrow...because it is late now. I will be doing a feature freeze after that. The next phase will be polishing. If there are any bugs, I will fix them, or if there is a "must have" setting that is wanting in the config manager, I will add them, but I have no intentions of adding "new" features.

Currently, I have been the only one testing this, so I am limited in my testing. Often, I test inadvertently to my coding logic, so things can slip by; though, I feel this project is fairly simple, so the chance for major bug slipping by is a bit slim. I have been using this plugin myself daily, and it appears there are no major bugs as of Beta 3. I have addressed the minor issues that have cropped up (assuming I haven't introduced more bugs with the new Beta 4 feature).

I will give it a while after Beta 4, and if I receive no feedback, and notice no issues on my end, I will post a Release Candidate sometime after Beta 4.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 4 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 am

Beta 4 is now posted. If you are interested, please try and give feedback.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Postby facelessuser » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 am

Looks like we will have one more beta at least. I figured out how to incorporate the config manager as a plugin for the wiki. This will allow for a more seamless integration. I can actually tap into the the wiki's authentication for the config mangager and not have to check Tonido's Authentication. This also opens the door for me to add new functionality via the built in wiki plugin system if desired.

Config Manger running as a wiki plugin:
IntegratedConfig.jpg
Integrated Config Manger as plugin
IntegratedConfig.jpg (34.39 KiB) Viewed 10229 times

I will clean it up this weekend, and include it in Beta5 along with a little clean up of existing stuff. Beta5 will probably be the last beta if I am not getting feedback.

Considering that the Tonido plug is marketed to people for its easy setup, I guess it doesn't surprise me that not too many people are jumping to install something that isn't delivered through the Tonido App interface yet. I will continue to iron out everything and hopefully release this through Tonido's App interface when PHP support is finalized and in place. I think the wiki plugin is really close to be finalized, I will probably just have to rely on my own testing for now.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Postby facelessuser » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Beta 5 is posted.

It addresses some minor issues in the config manager that most would probably not see if they are not adding new items to the config file manually.

It integrates the config manager directly into the wiki. Now you do not have to be logged in as the Tonido owner, but the wiki admin is sufficient. It looks and feels better since it is integrated directly in.

Updated default pages with references to the new Config Manager (Site.Sidebar, Main.HomePage, SiteAdmin.AuthUser, Site.Site, Tonido.Tonido). I shouldn't have to touch them again. In the future I only plan on touching Tonido.PmWikiReleases.

Again, if you notice any issues please let me know. I can't fix the things that bug you if I don't know what is broken.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 5 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:42 am

A couple of issues will be resolved in Beta 6 later today.

Currently, assigning multiple groups and users to a default password doesn't work in config manager (just tested today). Also exceptions such as including a group but denying a certain user doesn't work. This is because I am not saving the settings as arrays when there are multiple elements via the config manager. This will be fixed, and I will update the documentation in the Config Manger.

I was only testing simple setups before. Now I am validating more complex setups.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 6 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:57 pm

Beta 6 is posted.

I was doing simplistic default password setups, so I had not yet checked that my syntax was incorrect for multiple groups or groups with users etc. This issue is now fixed.

I also rolled in a fix for an annoyance where if you pressed enter in a input box in the Config Manager, it would submit the form. I applied a little javascript to ignore the enter key in the input boxes.

facelessuser
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Re: PmWiki Plugin Beta 6 for Tonido Plug

Postby facelessuser » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:42 pm

Got Beta 7 coming out later today.

• It will have general polishing of the code.
  • It will address a white space issue in the default password settings
  • It will have a fix for old tonido (usb0 plugs) not able to find sessions folder (I have a new plug, so unless I catch the mistake when I am eyeballing the code, old plugs never get tested). It would be nice if I had a tester for old plugs, but I do not.
  • It will have an option to edit the whole config file manually, or use the "simple edit" for common settings in the wiki. (This came about when I got tired of having to SSH into the plug to do more in depth config changes).

I've been smashing a lot of bugs considering I have had no feedback except my own use. I think I am getting really close to a release candidate. I expect maybe by the end of the week for RC1 to drop. I really have nothing else I want to currently add. I put the Config Manager through the ringer this weekend to try and shake out the last few bugs, or last few annoyances.

Showed a co-worker what I have been doing with the plug, and he is thinking about getting a plug himself. So, looks like I may have a tester soon. :D

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”